- Position Title: COPYWRITER
- Department: CREATIVE / MARKETING
- Location: Toronto
- Reports to: Chief Brand Officer
- Direct Reports: Yes
The Detox Market was born from a love for purity and an eagerness to support our communities in their healthy lifestyles. We are passionate green beauty experts who believe in the power of clean products for our customers. At The Detox Market, we define diversity as including gender, ethnic variance, educational background, age, geography, economic, family status, sexual preference, gender expression/identity, political inclination, religious affiliation, and being differently-abled.
We are looking for a Copywriter who has a passion for green beauty, creative marketing and is an inspiring and motivating creative leader who upholds brand guidelines.
The Copywriter will need to be an effective hands-on leader who will be able to help define the creative/content strategy and implement it across all channels. The Copywriter will work the Jr. Copywriter in order to execute all marketing initiatives and collateral that delivers on the brand positioning, drive sales and buzz for the organization and ultimately create the most elevated customer experience.
You will be working directly for the CBO and alongside members of the Marketing, Merchant, Product Development and Brand Partnerships Teams.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
Lead and develop copy across all marketing channels, including ecommerce, newsletters, videos, blogs, collateral materials, direct mail pieces, advertising and signage, website, videos and social channels, as well as internal business initiatives as requested that are on strategy and brand consistent
- Demonstrating thought-leadership
- Ensuring solutions are based on strong analytics and insights
- Ensuring the path to move from strategy to execution is clearly laid out
- Presenting findings and recommendations in a compelling way at an executive level
Provide creative and innovative solutions that build brand voice and elevate customer experience through all collateral
- Support content direction and creative strategy for new product launches and always-on campaigns.
- Leverage customer data and insights and emerging trends in the creative space to inspire new story-telling ideas.
- Manage and maintain a high frequency of conversion-driven assets to support customer retention and growth marketing.
Communicate copywriting expectations and standards to designers, copywriters, and external partners
- Create educational and high-ranking SEO content that lives on the website and the blog.
- Support the evolution of The Detox Market’s written and spoken voice, including creating style guides and targeted brand awareness messaging.
- Keep up-to-date on trends in branding, marketing, advertising, and related communications industries
Provide mentorship, guidance and support to copywriters within the group
- Oversee the workload and mentorship of a Junior Copywriter to ensure tasks are being completed to quality standards within the deadlines provided.
Adhere to schedules and/or work-back summaries with milestones identified
Work cross-functionally across the Creative, Marketing, and Merchandising teams to execute ideas and ensure they align with company goals.
- Support the store teams with POS traffic drivers and create collateral for event promotion.
- Collaborate with the Chief Brand Officer, as well as the client’s business teams: senior management, marketing, merchants and retail stores, etc.
The ideal candidate:
- Educational background: Bachelor's degree in English or journalism
- Has excellent copywriting skills as demonstrated in a comprehensive portfolio
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a Copywriting role
- Excellent presentation skills
- Familiarity with traditional, online and digital media and can adapt campaign ideas to various media and thinks holistically across channels
- Copywriting expertise in content and performance marketing, performance advertising, editorial packaging, social media and corporate communications
- Can give clear direction to the team on execution options, but can also execute concepts themselves
- Develops copy that aligns with company strategies and objectives
- Keep abreast of beauty, cultural and wellness/sustainability trends
- A positive, high energy team player that can embrace the brand and bring it forward
The measures of success:
- Clear brand positioning, executed through exciting and innovative campaigns that drive sales
- Assist in budget and expense management
- Mentors, grows & monitors staff, empowering team to create innovative concepts and design
- External recognition of the creative work being done in support of the brand
- Positive working relationships built throughout the organization – particularly with the Merchant, Marketing and Ecomm teams
- All projects are produced on time and within budget
Think you are a great fit? If you would like to join our growing company, email email@example.com your resume and a tailored cover letter that tells us about yourself, and why you're the perfect person for this role.
The Detox Market is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions at The Detox Market are based on business needs, merit and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender identity, sexual orientation, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. We believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.