Event Planning & PR Specialist
We are looking for an Event Planning & PR Specialist to join our Marketing Department who is as creative and driven with a passion for Wellness and Green Beauty.
The ideal candidate needs to be enthusiastic about startups and Green Living. They should feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment, be self-motivated, a detail-oriented problem-solver, react fast and can be a true team player. We feel very strongly about our values and we are looking for a team member who feels the same. This is a contract position and is based at our Toronto headquarters.
- Collaborate on and externally communicate our marketing strategy and marketing plan for Canada in collaboration with the US.
- Oversee the implementation of Canadian PR strategy including events, digital initiatives, and communications.
- Own the Influencer outreach and development program in the US and Canada for TDM and Detox Mode. Work with the Social Team to identify key influencers and onboard them.
- Own the Affiliate program strategy as the main tool for media and influencer relationships.
- Work closely with CBO, Merch Team and studio team to define and create PR marketing materials and programs.
- Maintain relations and communication with community, influencers, media and current brands and prospective brands.
- Develop the PR strategy for new brands/SKUS and existing brands and contribute to general marketing strategies.
- Develop an ongoing customer facing digital and retail events strategy for CA and US
- Work with Merch and Studio Teams to organize and execute these events
- Coordinate and execute customer facing digital events and major in store customer events
- Coordinate with Retail Director to plan and execute company pop ups, store launches, collaborative community events
- Provide in-person support at major in store customer events and in person media events
- Coordinate all media and ensure that the company consistently gets print and digital coverage- i.e. New product releases, store openings, brand launches, Detox Mode etc.
- Plan and execute digital media events, 1 on 1 in person desk sides and in person events for brands.
- Provide marketing information by answering questions and requests
- Develop and deliver communications strategies for the organization in Canada in collaboration with the US.
- DETOX MODE: Canadian PR outreach and influencer support
- Coordinate and Place $0 PO’s for Media Promotions
- Coordinate and enter orders for media promotional purposes and brand launches
- Maintain & build Canadian media and influencer database
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in the health and beauty industry is an asset
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and other image and video editing tools is a bonus
- You behave like an owner and act like a leader: never wait to be told what to do, you are self-motivated, reliable and detail oriented.
At The Detox Market, we define diversity as inclusive of gender, ethnic variance, educational background, age, geography, economic, family status, sexual preference, gender expression/identity, political inclination, religious affiliation, and being differently-abled.
More About The Detox Market
The Detox Market is a leading green beauty retailer that offers a curated selection of eco-friendly, non-toxic, and cruelty-free beauty, skincare, wellness, and lifestyle products. What originated as a pop-up shop in 2010 on Abbot Kinney in Venice Beach, California to introduce a few niche brands, The Detox Market is now a household name across North America with six locations spread over Los Angeles, Toronto, and New York. A one-stop shop for those looking to eliminate toxicity from their everyday personal care products, The Detox Market is recognized by both press and customers as the retail voice of a new generation of beauty shoppers who care as much about what they put on their body as what they put inside of it.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.