Fulfillment Manager / Supervisor
The Fulfillment Manager is responsible for all daily warehouse activities, including order fulfillment, receiving and stocking, and inventory control. This position is also responsible for opening and closing the fulfilment center each day, ensuring the building is secure when not in use and safe when the team is present. This role reports into the Director of Operations. This is a hands-on position! The Fulfilment Manager will spend much of the day processing orders with the Fulfilment Team. This is a day shift position, and may include weekend days. Flexibility is key! Schedules may change to meet the needs of the business.
- Prepares unfulfilled orders for processing
- Directs and provides leadership to the Warehouse Associates to ensure all daily warehouse objectives are met
- Monitors packaging supplies inventory and places orders as needed to prevent outages
- Receives and syncs inventory deliveries, ensuring any variances or damaged items are identified and communicated
- Ensures inventory accuracy by making the appropriate adjustments for the Sample Program, PR opportunities, reships, and other activities that could affect levels
- Manages the reverse logistics by processing returns
- Communicates company news, sales promotions, process changes, and other pertinent information to Warehouse Associates in a timely manner
- Creates schedules for Warehouse Associates to ensure appropriate coverage for high volume, holidays, and sales promotions
- Tracks Warehouse Associate attendance and enters hours worked by part-time, seasonal, and temporary employees for accurate payroll processing
- Addresses performance issues with warehousing systems for quick resolution
- Responds quickly to special requests from Retail, Marketing, and other departments requiring support
- Assists Customer Care team by addressing customer concerns and inquiries regarding lost or damaged shipments, order quality, and processing errors
- Assigns housekeeping duties as needed for clean, safe working conditions
- Promotes a positive working environment through open communication, respectful interactions, and by creating a fun and exciting workplace for the Warehouse Team
- Other duties as needed assigned by the Director of Operations
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 years of experience in a warehousing/fulfillment environment
- 1 year in a leadership position with multiple direct reports
- Knowledge of basic warehousing functions, including picking, packing, shipping, and receiving
- Familiar with standard small parcel carriers, including UPS, Canada Post, FedEx, and DHL
- Experience with international shipping
Job duties are performed in a climate-controlled warehouse, though temperatures can vary depending on the season.
This is a hands-on position that often requires the Fulfillment Manager to physically support the department by receiving deliveries and shipping packages weighing up to 40 lbs. The role also requires the physical ability to pick items stored at various heights, pack orders, and perform general housekeeping duties. Must be able to stand and walk the majority of the day.
Think you are a great fit? If you would like to join our growing company, email email@example.com your resume and a tailored cover letter that tells us about yourself, and why you're the perfect person for this role.
Please note that the cover letter is mandatory. Applicants who don't provide a cover letter will not be considered for the position.
At The Detox Market, we define diversity as inclusive of gender, ethnic variance, educational background, age, geography, economic, family status, sexual preference, gender expression/identity, political inclination, religious affiliation, and being differently-abled.
More About The Detox Market
The Detox Market is a leading green beauty retailer that offers a curated selection of eco-friendly, non-toxic, and cruelty-free beauty, skincare, wellness, and lifestyle products. What originated as a pop-up shop in 2010 on Abbot Kinney in Venice Beach, California to introduce a few niche brands, The Detox Market is now a household name across North America with six locations spread over Los Angeles, Toronto, and New York. A one-stop shop for those looking to eliminate toxicity from their everyday personal care products, The Detox Market is recognized by both press and customers as the retail voice of a new generation of beauty shoppers who care as much about what they put on their body as what they put inside of it.